I have always admired a fishtail braid whenever I’ve seen one, so I took it upon myself to look up how to do one and show you guys what I’ve learned! This style is amazing because it is so easy once you’ve grasped it, but it still looks like you’ve spent some time doing it. The rest is just practice and perfecting it to your taste. This style is also very adjustable, meaning you can wear it very neatly and simple, you can add a headband, or mess it up with little pieces of hair pulled out and to be more relaxed. So here we go!
1. First, brush all of your hair over to one side of your head (You can choose to smooth it out or leave your parting in and just gather your hair on one side) and loosely keep it together with a hairband. It’s important to keep it loose because you’ll need to slide it down your braid later.
2. Then separate your hair into two sections
3. Take one small piece of hair from the back of one of the sections (Here I have taken it from the left section)
4. And bring it around the front and pass it over to the other section (and I have passed it to the right)
5. Then take a small piece of hair from the other section and repeat the same thing vice versa
6. Bringing it around the front and passing it over to the other section
7. Be sure to pull it tight as you go along and you will begin to see the fishtail emerge
8. Then continue until you are happy with the length of your braid, then slide your hair band down the braid until you reach the end, and secure it there
9. I then like to pull mine apart a little to make it look a bit thicker and messier
And you’re done! Hope this little run through helped you out, if you recreate this look I’d love to see it!