Here’s something a little bit different! Today I thought I’d share with you guys one of my recipes, chocolate cupcakes!
155g of self raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp white vinegar
– Makes 12 cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180º and line 12 hole muffin tray with cases.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, and vinegar.
4. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add in the flour mixture in 3 additions making sure the ingredients are well combined.
6. Add in the buttermilk mixture in 2 additions and mix together.
7. Pour the mixture evenly into the cases.
8. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
250g icing sugar, sifted
a couple of drops of vanilla extract
Beat the ingredients together either by hand or with a mixer until all the mixture comes together and forms a light and fluffy frosting texture. Spread evenly over the cupcakes and decorate how you wish. I chose to break up one cupcake and sprinkle that on top of the others.
And that’s it! Let me know if you try these out, I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!