This post is quite long, so without further introduction, here are 22 beauty hacks that I think everyone should know!
1. Apply Vaseline to your eyelashes before bed, this will make them easier to curl in the morning and enhances growth.
2. Use a DIY sugar scrub before you shave for the worlds softest legs which will be officially recognised by the Guinness Book of World Records – mix one part oil to two parts sugar, and add vanilla essence or lavender oil, whatever scent you most enjoy, and rub it onto your legs to remove dead skin.
3. Always apply a second coat of mascara, it’ll ensure your mascara doesn’t fade, and stays curled all day.
4. If your lipstick doesn’t have a great staying power, before applying it, apply some to a slanted brush and fill and line your lips with it, then apply your lipstick regularly, it’ll double the lasting time!
5. Apply a shimmer based white or silver eyeshadow to the middle of your lower lip for bigger, exaggerated lips.
6. When you apply foundation, apply it in downward strokes, as it flattens the tiny hairs on your face, meaning you’re left with a much more natural looking base.
7. After you’ve washed your brushes, turn them upside down and roll them in your hand, this will preserve the softness and fluffiness of the brush.8. If you want to overline your lips, only overline the centre of your lips, and then bring the line back into follow your lips natural lines, this makes your lips look much more natural and just a little plumper.
9. Mattify any lipstick by adding a pressed or translucent powder over the top of it, it absorbs the moisture and leaves you with a matte lipstick.
10. If your hair is badly tangled, don’t brush from the roots, this will hurt your scalp and possibly tear the hair out, instead brush from the ends and work your way up to the roots, it’s much more delicate on hair and your scalp.
11. If you have a few split ends, but you don’t want to have any length cut off of your hair, simply twist all of your hair together and cut the strands that are sticking out; this removes the split ends and doesn’t take off any length!
12. If you can never get a clean cut line when you do winged eyeliner, take a little bit of masking tape and put it on the back of your hand and peel it off a few times (this is just to make it slightly tacky) then put it beside your eye mimicking the line where you’d like your eyeliner. Then you can confidently apply your eyeliner, remove the tape and you’re left with a clean line.
13. If you don’t have an eyeshadow primer, you can use a small amount of concealer on your lids to help the eyeshadow last all day.
14. Hair grips are supposed to be used with the flat side showing! Many people slide the flat side downwards, this makes it easier for the grip to slide out!
15. If you’ve created a hairstyle and you’d like it to last longer than it does, use your hair grips in a cross formation, this means they both hold the other grip in.
16. Talcum powder can be used as a dry shampoo substitute if you don’t have any.17. If your nail varnish takes too long to dry, once you’ve finished, put your fingertips into a glass of cold water for about 2 minutes, after that, your nails will be dry!
18. If your mascara has dried up and you can’t buy more for a little while, by adding a few drops of makeup remover to your mascara will make it last for a few more uses until you can buy a new one!
19. Applying chapstick before lipstick keeps the lipstick from transferring to around your mouth, and also makes it have a longer lasting power.
20. Putting a white eyeliner in your waterline brightens up tired eyes and makes them look bigger.
21. If you’ve woken up with badly puffy eyes, putting two spoons in the fridge for a couple of minutes and then resting them on your eyes for a few more minutes will reduce the puffiness and soothe your eyes.
22. If you constantly suffer with puffy eyes, ensure that you’re sleeping with pillows that elevate you head above the rest of your body, this means your body is properly draining the fluids from your head, no more puffy eyes!
Those are my 22 beauty hacks that I think everyone should know, do you have any more? Let me know in the comments!