I really love the fishtail braid, and this style gives great hold, keeps your hair entirely out of your face, and is perfect for a ‘no-heat’ summer hairstyle! So today I’m showing you guys how to achieve the French Fishtail!
Start out by parting your hair normally and working a french braid on the side of your fringe, right down to the ends, and secure it with a hair elastic.
Then put all of your hair, including the french braid, into a ponytail.
All that’s left now is to fishtail braid your ponytail! Just part your ponytail in two, and pass a small section from one side to the other, for as long as you’d like our fishtail to be. If you need a more in-depth description, check out my How To Fishtail post.
And just like that, you’ve got a really cute and easy summer style!
I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial, if you did let me know in the comments below! Be sure to ‘like’ this post if you’d like more hair tutorials. Until next time my loves!
I recently noticed that my most popular hair tutorial is the Fishtail braid, so I figured since a lot of you guys liked it, but I know it can take a lot of time, if you want a similar effect but much quicker, today I’m sharing with you the 5 minute cheat version!
So as per usual, start out with a rocking side pony.
Then, part the hair above your hair elastic in two, and twist the ponytail back into itself.
Then tie another hair tie a little lower down on your ponytail and repeat, bringing the rest of the pony back into itself.
I then did that once more because my hair is a little longer. Then just take the hair elastics out, secure the end, and you’re done!
And just like that, you’ve got a faux-fishtail!
I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial, let me know if you try it out! And as always, don’t forget that you can request a post by going to my Contact Me page!
I have always admired a fishtail braid whenever I’ve seen one, so I took it upon myself to look up how to do one and show you guys what I’ve learned! This style is amazing because it is so easy once you’ve grasped it, but it still looks like you’ve spent some time doing it. The rest is just practice and perfecting it to your taste. This style is also very adjustable, meaning you can wear it very neatly and simple, you can add a headband, or mess it up with little pieces of hair pulled out and to be more relaxed. So here we go!
1. First, brush all of your hair over to one side of your head (You can choose to smooth it out or leave your parting in and just gather your hair on one side) and loosely keep it together with a hairband. It’s important to keep it loose because you’ll need to slide it down your braid later.
2. Then separate your hair into two sections
3. Take one small piece of hair from the back of one of the sections (Here I have taken it from the left section)
4. And bring it around the front and pass it over to the other section (and I have passed it to the right)
5. Then take a small piece of hair from the other section and repeat the same thing vice versa
6. Bringing it around the front and passing it over to the other section
7. Be sure to pull it tight as you go along and you will begin to see the fishtail emerge
8. Then continue until you are happy with the length of your braid, then slide your hair band down the braid until you reach the end, and secure it there
9. I then like to pull mine apart a little to make it look a bit thicker and messier
And you’re done! Hope this little run through helped you out, if you recreate this look I’d love to see it!