It’s officially the season for all things chocolate. I wanted to share an Easter-themed recipe with you all, an I initially thought of sharing a hot cross bun recipe, but when I thought about how easy it is to pick up a whole pack of them, I wanted to share a much quicker, and more fun Easter treat for the occasion, these 5 minute Easter Egg Nests!
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases
Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, (be sure that the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water)
Stir the mixture until smooth, if it clumps together, just add a tablespoon of water, and continue stirring until smooth
Gently stir in the cornflakes until it’s all evenly covered in chocolate
Fill the cupcake cases with the mixture, and add as many mini eggs on top as you like!
- Leave in the fridge for 10 minutes to fully set
That’s it for this super easy no-bake recipe, let me know if you make these or something similar this Easter, and I hope you’re all having a great long weekend!
Here’s something a little bit different! Today I thought I’d share with you guys one of my recipes, chocolate cupcakes!
155g of self raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp white vinegar
– Makes 12 cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180º and line 12 hole muffin tray with cases.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, and vinegar.
4. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add in the flour mixture in 3 additions making sure the ingredients are well combined.
6. Add in the buttermilk mixture in 2 additions and mix together.
7. Pour the mixture evenly into the cases.
8. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
250g icing sugar, sifted
a couple of drops of vanilla extract
Beat the ingredients together either by hand or with a mixer until all the mixture comes together and forms a light and fluffy frosting texture. Spread evenly over the cupcakes and decorate how you wish. I chose to break up one cupcake and sprinkle that on top of the others.
And that’s it! Let me know if you try these out, I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!